Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Removing the Interior




I went out last night and started removing the interior. I am being very careful to label each piece as I want to use the interior over again when I put it all back together. I want to make subtle changes to the floor plan that will accomodate the way we want to use the trailer.

At this point the plan is to:

Build a wet bath in the Rear.
- Remove the blackwater tanke that sits above the floor and mount it in the frame. This might require a custom tank if I cannot find one from tank depot or other sources that fit. The idea here is to give more vertical space to the new wet-bath. Currently the toilet sits ontop of the black water tank, which make it hard to sit on the pot.

- Push out the wall and decrease the width of the rear bunk. Basically center the divder wall to the trailer and make the rear bumk 41" wide. Good for a single.

- Under the rear bunk, install ontop of the floor a surface mounted grey water tank. Discharge pipe would line up with the discharge of the black water tank. I'm also considering using a macerator pump in two spots; one in the toilet itself and one to pump the black water out.

- Create a common black water and grey water stainless tube vent pipe and use existing vent hole

- Build a shower pan to fit the contours of the rear with King Starboard, non-slip for the floor and smooth for the side-walls. The area, I am considering scabing on sheets of stainless and lining the bottom with ice and water sheild. The floor of the wet bath would be raised to accommodate the below waste and water pipes; one cold for the toilet; one cold for the sink/shower and one hot. The hot water will be a trick since the rig never had hot water, so I am thinking of installing an ondemand electric hot water system. I would be using pex tubing for this. The shower drain will have a collector and a separate macerator pump, basically flick the switch when you start to take a shower. Follow this link to a drain example. http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/method/Shopping_Products/CatId/34/ID/277.htm.

Here are a couple pictures from my recent removal work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home