Friday, December 08, 2006

Provenance - Part II

A friend of ours through the WBCCI , Lin Lowell, has amassed a fair number of directories over the years. When I first joined the club he was able to look back through his directories and find my grand fathers WBCCI number. It was not available at the time, so I put a 1 in front of it.

I recently asked Lin another favor, to look up the number that is on my 1956 caravanner. He replied today that the number belonged to a Reverend John Ambler and wife Lois from Worcester MA. He's going to look back in older directories to see if Mr. Ambler might have been the original owner.

There are a couple Ambler listing in Massachusetts and one good hit on google that mentiones a Reverend John Ambler of worcester participating in a civil rights march in the 1960s.

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Hey Doug...send me some contact info for Lin...I'd love to ask him about my #1 trailer with #9609 on it. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home