2 Weeks versus 8 months
Time versus money is always the problem and neither of which I have a ton of these days. But after reading the forums and seeing the gent who is selling off his 50s cruiser because he's burned out on the restore process I am glad to have taken my rig to Colin & co. to do the heavy lifting parts. We'll dip into our savings, but it means I'll have time to camp and canoe next summer with my family.
After seeing the progress Colin & co. have made these past two weeks, I'm very pleased with my decision.
I spoke to Colin yesterday about where we go next and what decisions need to be made. The big decisions are already made and they are waiting for space in the shop to continue the rest of the work. In the meantime, his crew have buttoned up the rig for the winter until they can get to it.
A couple good things have come out so far:
- The frame is complete and was in better condition that original thought.
- The axle is rock solid, but the backer plates, brakes, and drums will be replaced with new.
- The frame was modified to support new grey tanks and a tire carrier under
Below are a couple shots of the work in progress.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home