Thursday, March 08, 2007

Four Drawer Chest - Restoration 3

M wasn't feeling well last night, so after I read to S I headed down to the shop to putter around. Turned into a late night, but I was able to finish installing the pop locks on the four drawer chest. I had to notch out the inner drawer using the table saw but that wasn't too noisy so it did not wake up the household.

Here are couple pictures.

Love those handles from rejuventation.com. Keep in mind this is the original chest frame that I re-veneered with birch. Looks pisser ;)



This one shows the poplocks in the closed position on the two top drawers and in the open position on the bottom two.




This one is of my new poplar drawers with birch bottoms. Still need a bit of sanding and a coat of poly. Just need to get a warm day outside to spray them.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Uberlander said...

Wow! The woodwork is coming along nicely. I so wish we could pull the old girl into the shop so we could work on her year round. Lots of leaks this winter. I think we over did it last year with the bad axle. All that shaking wasn't good for her. Then the snow fell and stayed before we could get a tarp over her. Ah the life of a vintage owner. Always something to fix. J has been concentrating on a changing table and a rocker, fixing up the "new edition's" room. We are still awaiting her arrival. Any day now!


Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home