Saturday, October 14, 2006

Slow down, read the lug....

So here I am all excited that I just greased a barring and did a good job. So I moved onto the curb side to start the same process on the other tire. Put the wrench on the lug nuts and humph... no go. Go again, nothing. Damn these are tight.. Okay move to the next lug over, tried that.. *POP* off comes the nut with the stud. The Darn Threads were LEFT hand threads not RIGHT. 100% one of those moments where if I did not have a lug wrench in my hand, I would have whacked myself in the forehead for not reading the obvious! So now I have five lugs/studs versus six.

What is a guy supposed to do, try to replace it before I haul it to Colins or let it ride..... I'm inclined to let it ride and let Colin fix it when it gets to his shop. With my luck, I'll bust something else.

In any event, I'm off to Lowes/Home Depot this morning to buy a good torque wrench. To many recent stories of things popping off on the road.

Cheers,

Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home