Thursday, May 03, 2007

geez

So Rob Baker IMs me last night about my blog being lame.... I guess if I posted more it wouldn't be that way. Problem was, and this is a lame excuse, is that my wife hid my digital camera ;)


So since my last post I have picked up my trailer from GSM Vechicles and started to tinker around. Before I get into what I am doing, folks have been asking how much did I spend all together. I doubt Colin would appreciate it if I put his invoice up here, so I won't. But I will say that I spent more than I had originally planned. I think it is important to anyone who is going to embark on this type of project to get real and what I mean by that is that these rigs are like hot rods or luxury boats. Custom or speciality work is always expensive if you don't do it yourself. The work Colin does is like sculpture.

I will say that if I had to do it again, and I would recommend this to anyone no matter where you get your work done, define the scope of your engagement and get an estimate. Make sure both parties stick to it. That way no one is surprised or feel like you got less than what you paid for.


Colin's shop did a number of things and I have documented most on this blog. In a nutshell he's redone the frame, fab'd most of the parts for a rear stinky box, re-built the belly pan, incorporated a tire carrier under the belly pan, re-hab'd my door (i.e. replaced it w/ one that has the correct door handle, rebuilt the brakes and hubs. This is what I consider the heavy work, so now it's onto my stuff.

See the pictures from this morning.

I'm also inclding a picture of us on our tow home last weekend. Here I was zoning out on the ride home and this nut swerves at me and starts waving. Hey I know that nut, it was Andre and Sue from our WBCCI unit. They were coming home from their place in NH and saw this little shiny dot in the distance. I suspect he broke a couple laws catching up to me, but here's a shot from his truck. Good to catch up with them after a long winter.

TTYL,

Doug






1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Rob & Zoe' Baker said...

Looking good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home