Top 5 Things I don't Like RIGHT now
5. Polishing
4. Annual Prostrate exam
3. Being Overcharged
2. Stripping paint
1. STRIPPING PAINT MORE THAN ONCE!
So the theme for this post is all about paint stripping.
Over this past weekend, our friends Paul and Jane came to visit and parked their 59 Overlander in our yard overnight. Paul and I proceeded to consume mass quantities of bbq and alcohol and then sat around the outdoor fireplace until late chatting away. Besides the raging hangover the next morning, I do remember Paul saying Aircraft stripper was the way to go.
I picked up a can and this stuff is AWESOME! Rips the zolatone right down to the bare metal. BUT and this is a BIG BUT you have to wear a good mask as this stuff is wicked to work with. I spoke to the guy at the auto body supply shop and he chuckled saying I needed a good vapor mask like they use in paint booths. So off to his place to get one and some super thick green rubber gloves, as the latex gloves I had were eaten away by the stripper.
I have been able to strip the front end cap pretty quickly and ontop of that used a portable soda blaster to clean up the door jams and other places. Very good little tool to clean up things, but it leaves a matt finish so it's not good to strip interior aluminum.
Here are a couple pictures
Door before stripping

Door after stripping

Front End Interior Cap Stripped.

Door Jam after Soda Blasting.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home