Storage Bins

I gave my wife, M, a mission to find some storage bins for the caravanner. M is a great shopper and usually can sniff out some good deals, so when she came home with these I was thrilled and expected to see a big price tag but as usual she found these at home goods for a bargin. I think she paid $9.99 for the small bin and $12.99 for the large one. These are great. They look like leather but they are actually vinyl over hardboard. She also picked up a couple large and small boxes with lids on them.
Keep in mind that I plan on an open floor plan with shelves instead of overhead bins. These storage bins will be incorporated into a pull out shelving unit on the curb side and will also sit on the shelf over the bed and the four drawer chest. The first concern about using bins rather than overhead cabinets was how to secure these to the shelf but also make them so you can pull them out. The idea that I have is to mount an adapter plate on the bottom of each and then a receiver on the shelf where each bin will slide into. Then use a push button latch to lock them into place. I'll build the push button latch into the shelf so the button will be on the edge. See my sketch below.

The boxes with lids will be a similar set-up but I'll have to fashion some shock-cord loops to keep the lids on while in transit.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home