Chest Restore Update and Gally Top Shelf
Last night after work, I took my drawers, which btw need sanding, and installed the center rail sliders. Turned out pretty good, but one thing I found was that using ball bearing sliders wasn't as easy since the depth was 13" and I would have had to scab on extra support members. I chose to use a center slider, very simple, which I cut down to length and the kit came with side rollers. Each kit cost all of $4 at lowes.


I brought up this morning my gally top shelf and placed it ontop of the gally to layout where I wanted my LEDs and plastic wine glass rack. You're probably asking how is he going to secure this shelf to the tailer. I'll post more on this later, but effectively the divider on the left side of the gally will be attached to the ceiling and base cabinet of the gally. This will support the left side. As for the right side, I'll use either a cable at an angle or something solid.... not sure yet. But I do plan to atttache the self to the shell using figure 8 clips recessed into the shelf. The shelf itself will have 12v outlet and a 110 outlet with the switch for the LEDs on the left hand side divider. That's the plan at least.
I've already gotten feedback from someone about how the shelf will be used.... I plan on building purpose built jewelery boxes....I call them jewlery boxes but they will attached to shelf and store kitchen wares. One for glasses, one for plates and so on. So before you call them stupid, let me build them and then you can tell me if my whole idea is crap ;)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home