Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thanks Roy Lupien

People in the WBCCI region one are most likely familiar with the talents of Roy Lupien. He's one of these guys who has been around for a number of years and seems to like tackling big projects. I bought my first Airstream from Roy and the quality of his work and clever use of marine products certainly made my first experience positive. Plus his wife Debbie made cinnamon roles to help ink the deal one cold February morning.

I met the Lupiens last year at the fall business rally and had a chance to chin with Roy about my project. He mentioned that he had a curb side tub still on the mold. Did I mention Roy was talented? He builds his own fiberglass compoents, large and small. He built a tub for a members 65' safari and while he had the mold, built one on the mold and never used it. He offered the tub up to me and I said I would see if I could use it in the caravanner.

His brother Mark picked it up for me and I picked it up from Mark yesterday. Here's what I'm thinking, the tub fits neatly into the rear curb side corner and is the exact measurements of the existing batroom area. What I thinking of doing is installing the tub, with a marine bilge pump to move the grey water into the under floor mid section tank. Also, I'm thinking of using a marine macerator toilet and placing it in the tub, basically making a wet batch. I still need to figure out if the tapered version of the toilet will fit the shape, but I think I could make it work for a shower, toilet, sink wet bath. Here are some pictures of the tub Roy created with the red, red mold in the background.

Thanks again Roy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home