Spring in New England and other ramblings
Now I believe Al Gore ;) Typically I do not see the first Robin until April, but a flock of fat Robins ran through our yard today. The winter in New England has been very mild and from speaking to several friends in the club, there is a "race horse in the gates" effect going on. Everyone is kicking at the gate looking forward to getting out and on the road again. I wish it would just snow so we feel that we're in winter... maybe it would ease this travel itch a bit.
On another note, I started reading Deb and Lauren's blog about hitting the road and full timing..... ya, thanks that really helps the travel itch loads.... (heavy sarcasm). The theme of their blog is all around them hitting the road for two years before they turn into middle-age, kids, slaves to the school vacation schedule, suburbanites. My wife and I spent a couple years living overseas and moving around a great deal. Looking back, I have fond memories of traveling to new places, meeting new people, and trying to enjoy life before we "settled" down with kids. Now don't get me wrong, I love my daughter and I would not change a thing, but I am very glad to have those experiences under my belt. Once my daughter is a bit older, we are already talking about foreign trips or possibly taking a job overseas again. Until then, it's all about our Airstreams. Renovating and travelling in our vintage rigs is good therapy!
Deb and Lauren, enjoy your time on the road!
D



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home