Saturday, January 27, 2007

LEDs

The LEDs that I'm using are from suncorr stainless, here in Massachusetts. With the exception of their stainless fixture LEDs, the individual microstar LEDs are very reasonable in price and work with 12v. I doubt that I'll be able to use LEDs as my primary light source for the entire rig but using them under counters, shelves, pathway lights, and upgrades to marker and porch lights are in the plans.

I've been working on the gally shelf after work this week and added in the LEDs last night after dinner. The individual LEDs were simple to install once I figured out the drill size to use. Each light is rimmed on the top and slides into a predrilled hole. Friction keeps it in, plus they have a ruber backing for extra assistance, but I had to push pretty hard to get them in. The two stainless tri clusters needed to be recessed into the shelf so I used a 1 5/8th fostner bit.





The other part of the gally that I added lights to was the kick board. I put three blue LEDs in the kickboard to light up the path at night. The idea is that I'll use several blue LEDs in parts of the camper to light up the floor.





Here are some pictures

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Great blog! I hope you don't mind, but I am going to add your link to our blog. Thanks for checking us out and good luck with everything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home