Chest Restore and Gally Updates
The other night I sealed the chest with a satin poly to keep the finger prints and dirt marks down until I can spray it later this year. The veneer, it works pretty well but not 100%. On the top back edge a cup popped and I had to epoxy and clamp it down. No biggie, but after doing this, I wish I had a vacume bag to veneer with. Here's an updated picture.

The same same day I veneered the chest I veneered the gally sides. But I let it sit under clamp for a couple days. The whole veneering process takes less than 20 minutes from cutting it to size to applying to the side the gally and that was taking my time. But what I noticed when I did the chest, the veneer has memory and wants to pull back when under stress. So you have to keep it clamped longer. Be aware if you try to use this type of veneering.
A quick coat of poly last night and here is the latest.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home