A little bit of work on Sunday
My new job at little-G is going great. It's been keeping me very busy and I'm travelling a bit more. This week I was in the UK and left on Thursday. Turns out that the bar the terrorists were going to bomb was the one we met a friend at on Wednesday in the Haymarket. Funny how life is......
Anyway, after running around with the family I got to work on the camper a little bit on Sunday, as well as an hour or two on Saturday. This weekend I took the time to seal the HW heater, as Preceisiontemp sent me a new trim piece finally. Not their fault, as their supplier was late. I ended up getting a white powder coated version and stripped it down to the aluminum.
My wife M even helped as putting the HW heater together took two people, one inside holding the wrench to tighten the stainless screws. I'll post some pictures of the inside, as I had to make an aluminum frame on the inside out of 2.5 inch L-bar. This was to give it a bit more stability as the unit sits above the C-channel and not flush to the floor.
After sealing the unit, we attached the drip caps, one for the cut-down door and the other orig one above both the door and HW heater. Doesn't look so bad. Needs some polish. The other drip cap over the door came from another airstream parts trailer I found in a salvage yard. Not much left of that old girl after the bucket loader crushed it.
Here are some pictures of the work. Plus a shot of Gim.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home