Fun house mirrors
I have been making incremental improvements to my project and taken some steps back, but I'm still making progress. To give you an example, I fixed all my windows, resealed them, replaced the broken glass and so on. Last week, I was trying to attach a window lock and I broke the window. What a pain, but again I'm making progress.
Since my last post, I've finished wiring the rig, settled on a re-designed layout and have 65% of the new skin on the interior. My good friend Bill came over yesterday and we got two of the top panels attached plus the panel over the door, which had to be buck rivetted. Bill is a school teacher and loves hands on work. He's a fantastic cabinet builder and does custom furniture on the side, but he had never buck rivetted before. He ran the rivetter and I held the bucking bar. Below are some picture.
I have loads more rivets to set but the two hardest panels are up now.
Another item, I installed prior to putting the wall panels up is ice and water sheild over my floor. If you are not familiar with this stuff it's a rubber membrane reinforced with fiber strands. It is typically used on roofs to seal them from water, shingles are then nailed ontop of it. I figured if it's good enough for a roof it should work great on sealing my floor from pesky leaks. I've taken a great deal of time to seal the trailer up both inside and out. I like this ice and water shield because it's super sticky and it good for sealing up seams and other patches. Very handy stuff. I haven't seen anyone else use this stuff but so far it's been great. To give you an example, I left a vent open and it rained durin the night. When I came out the water was pooled up under the vent and had not touched the wood.
I'm still debating on my final flooring, but I need to get under and reinforce it. The floor is a bit bouncey in one spot. I suspect it's the way the floor was put down.
Here are some pictures.






2 Comments:
Doug,
Great idea with the ice and water shield! Did you cover the whole floor? ...or just around the edges? If you did the whole floor, how do you planning to adhere the finish flooring to the ice and snow shield?
Thanks,
Steve
Hey Steve,
I did cover the entire floor, front to back. I plan on using a floating floor from traffic master. I could use another type, like pergo or the like but the traffic master floor is thick vinyl. I decided on this product versus using a glue down floor mainly because if I decide to replace it in the future, it would not require touching the subfloor.
Like I said in my post, the product is very versatile and has a 100 uses for renovations. The one that I was pretty pleased with is that I am not using the fridge vent in the original place so I patched it. I did use a sealer on the inside of the patch before rivetting it but then I followed up with a piece of ice and water shield on the inside to double seal it.
D
Post a Comment
<< Home